Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Some character development

Here are some things from the class I'm taking at the Animation Academy! Finished my first turnaround so I thought I'd share the process of creating the design for this character.

Some of the many many heads I had to draw. Drew 3 or 4 pages of variations (well, this and another character) before deciding on the final one. These are just the majority of them.


Turnaround of the chosen head.

Body shapes. Also several pages of these were done.

Body turnaround. 3/4 back is tough to do! Also need to fix the arms on the back view, they're a bit too long.


I'm really enjoying this class. I'm learning a lot, it's forcing me to draw more and think about things a bit differently, and also to experiment with shapes more. I still need to learn to go further/push it more but I am getting there.


Also, some more Star Trek things, just for the heck of it!

No comments: